Why publish in the IJBEL?
- Rigorous peer review of research papers
- Research and Industry viewpoint articles address contemporary issues
- Global and multidisciplinary readers
- Open access journal driving global exposure
- The types of content including Editorial; Featured articles about the sector; Public relation articles; viewpoint; commentary; research notes; and advertising keep readers up to date with the current issues and market trends
Call for paper
It is a great pleasure to welcome the New Year 2022 with the launch of a new journal:
International Journal of Business Events and Legacies
Business Events Sarawak, a unit of the Tourism Organisation of the state of Sarawak, Malaysia, took the initiative for this journal. It offers a multidisciplinary perspective aiming at disseminating knowledge about real-world issues in business events, with emphasis on business meetings, tourism, and legacies. The journal publishes major papers, reports and reviews providing high-quality content that advances knowledge for researchers, practitioners, consumers and policymakers.
The innovative approach is two-fold:
- The journal welcomes articles from academia (double-blind reviewed) and practitioners (peer-reviewed). Both types of articles are published under two separate sections. The journal is devised to bridge the distance between the academic and the professional approach of generating new knowledge and insights. Consequently, the audience and readership should be truly mixed and varied.
- The journal is published open access without any publishing fees for the authors. Business Events Sarawak enables and supports this publication policy.
The journal editorial management is backed by the Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) and Curtin University Malaysia. You may find all the details on the journal governance, author guidelines and submission here: https://ijbel.businesseventssarawak.com/governance/.
I am very happy to share the editorial responsibilities with the following colleagues:
- Dr. Francesca d’Angella, IULM University, Milan, Italy
- Dr. Ubaldino Couto, Macao Institute for Tourism, SAR China
- Dr. Sean Lee, Curtin University, Perth, Australia
- Mr. Hii Chang Kee, Ministry of Tourism, Creative Industry & Performing Arts Sarawak
- Prof. Madya Dr. Margaret Chan Kit Yok, UiTM Sarawak, Malaysia
- Dr. Tiong Ying Ying, Curtin University Malaysia
It is not a big secret that the beginning phase of a new journal (without reputation and ranking yet) is most difficult. And yet, we believe that the International Journal of Business Events and Legacies with its particular positioning will fill a reasonable gap in the journal landscape.
I invite you to consider publishing in this new outlet.
Please, feel free to disseminate and promote within your own network.
It is particularly encouraged to invite practitioners to contribute with fresh ideas and real-world challenges.
Our editorial assistants are ready to support particularly practitioners with the writing process.
On behalf of the entire editorial team, I wish you a successful year 2022.